Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Christmas Time Advert(s)

I know I posted an advert back in the spring for a mobile phone company of the cute little cat and girl singing one of my favorite 80's hits, but I just had to share another one! I found a new one that I even saw some of my American friends on Facebook sharing...so I know the word is getting out on just how cute it is!

Now Christmas is in full swing over here.  They have been putting out store displays, fully stocked shelves with all the trimmings, and the city lights around Nottingham since the beginning of October.  This week they started the set up for the beautiful Christmas Market that we were able to see last year when we visited to pick out housing.  Hard to believe that was a year ago? It is funny to think that they don't have the battle we have the U.S. about decorating/shopping for Christmas before Thanksgiving.

Back on track- My newest favorite advert is for John Lewis, which is like a Nordstrom. It is a great store, but unfortunately U.S. friends, the shipping is 25 pounds, which is around 40 dollars. Yowza!

Here is the cutest commercial. Enjoy!



*Update as of Nov. 14th:  I found another Christmas advert by the supermarket, Sainsbury's.  It is another heartfelt commercial that I thought I would share. They love the Christmas commercials over here, and to be honest, I can't even think of a Christmas commercial that stands out in the States other than the cute polar bears from Coca-Cola.  We definitely don't have something to this extent, and I really do like it!


**Another update as of November 17th: For some reason the videos aren't working for everyone. The only reason I would think that is if you are viewing this post on a mobile/tablet device. It works just fine on my computer, but the videos do not show up on my phone. Not sure if this helps. If you want to look the videos up yourself: John Lewis Christmas Advert 2014 and Sainsbury's Christmas Advert 2014 should work if you Google them! If you got the videos to work, please feel free to share some advice or what device you used in the comment box below. Maybe I'm doing something wrong...


Onto the next adventure...


2 comments:

  1. John lewis ad from the years before are better :). they do them every year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, John that is good to know. I'll have to start looking them up. Thanks for the heads up. :)

    ReplyDelete