Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Ostrich Burger [No Typo Here]

Jeff came home early on Friday for an appointment, so we decided to take advantage of his extra time.  We went down to the city centre to enjoy the Nottingham Christmas Market, or should I say the Nottingham Winter Wonderland.  Although it was not as large as the Birmingham Christmas Market, I personally thought it was cuter. I might be bias. I'm sure you have seen pictures in many posts of this same area, as many things happen here almost weekly. 
One of the entrances
  The side part of the Market. The first little building is where I got my yummy lunch!

Although it didn't take very long, we walked around the little buildings.  I, stopped in and looked around.  A lot of ornaments, scarves, hats, handmade desserts, Christmas jumpers (sweaters) and little trinkets.  Since we went down for lunch, I grabbed a pork & stuffing roll.  It was fantastic, and something we could mimic with Thanksgiving or even Christmas leftovers. Yum! Jeff was the brave one, and as you can expect from the blog title...he tried ostrich [insert gag sound].  This stand, which we saw at the Robin Hood Beer & Cider Festival, had kangaroo and in the past zebra and many other exotic animals. Watching Jeff order his burger, made me like my pork sandwich a little less just thinking he was going to dive into it in a second. No food was wasted, no worries. Jeff ate it and described the taste as a bland hamburger. I don't think he was too impressed.
 I tell you what... Leftover turkey & leftover stuffing all on a roll is the way to go. Let me know if you try it on the 26th!
Although he did not "heart" his ostrich burger...least he was brave enough to try it.  Also, sidenote: notice the little kids in the background in their bright yellow gear. All children on field trips have to wear this so their adult can easily find them. I know my teacher friends agree with me...great idea!

We grabbed some chips (fries) and watched the minimal amount of ice skaters on the rink in the middle of the market.  There were some adorable little kids learning how to ice skate with a parent, and other people just enjoying the beautiful day.
Ice skating rink and the beautiful Christmas tree




Onto the next adventure...






No comments:

Post a Comment