Monday, December 23, 2013

Final Goodbye At Work

This wasn't my favorite day, but definitely one I will remember my entire life. Saying goodbye to my students and coworkers was rough. I really tried hard all day to be strong for my 23 third graders. I made it though the day and let loose the river after mostly everyone was gone. Not sure what I would do without my support system at school. They truly are not only the best educators, but amazing people and friends. 

It is so crazy how things happen for a reason. I remember having trouble getting a job when I first graduated. I remember not understanding why I was not getting the jobs, and then I was hired. I was so excited to have a job, to experience this new school, and to begin my new professional life as well. I know I was meant to be at that school, and learned so many different things while being there. 

I learned to never take life for granted. 
I learned to be strong and stand up for myself. 
I learned how truly blessed I was a child. 
I learned to be open and honest.  
I learned that you have to take the long To-Do list one day at a time.
I learned how hard teachers work for so little recognition. 
I learned that teachers make the best friends. 
I learned how to become a great educator. 
I learned to listen. 
I learned to take a stand on my own beliefs.  
I learned to step out of my comfort zone. 
I learned to find the answer and find the help needed for any situation.
I learned the only way to get through the stress is to just laugh and smile.
I learned to give. 
I learned new technology. 
I learned teachers are not only role models, but support systems.
I learned it's okay to be a little crazy.
I learned to believe in myself. 
I learned to go above and beyond to help out. 
I learned that teaching is absolutely an amazing profession, and I learned I'll truly miss it.  




No comments:

Post a Comment