Tuesday, July 15, 2014

R.O.C.K in the U.S.A

Wow! Wow! Wow! Jeff and I were so blessed to be able to travel back to Indianapolis to visit with lots of family and friends.  Originally we had not planned to make a home trip as we wanted to take advantage of all of our limited time in the UK.  Although, we missed everyone so much, we decided to come home before heading to a wedding in Cincinnati. Now, I try my best in all my posts to give a general "play by play" but it might be hard to summarize every single part of our experience home.

We planned a lot of different dinners, lunches, and coffees with friends and family, but our first stop after getting off the plane was...Taco Bell. Ah, I am pretty sure I demolished not 1, but 3 tacos in less than 5 minutes and they were ahhhh-mazing! We headed to the dry cleaner and randomly stopped by Jeff's grandparents for our first of many family visits. It was such a great feeling to be around people we love so much and miss daily.
My choice: double decker & 3 crunchy tacos. Jeff's choice: 1 spicy chicken burrito and some tortilla chips. Who was craving Taco Bell more? I will never be embarrassed about my ability to demolish Mexican food. 

We took advantage of all the time we had. I was able to get some shopping in with my mom and sister.  It was so nice to be able to shop with my crew again!  The next few days we were able to have a few special dinners with both of our families. We had wonderful home cooked meals.  Our family spoiled us with our favorite foods throughout our time there. We are so lucky to have such special families!
Jeff's mom & sister
My brother-in-law, sister, & nephews
My parents
Jeff's grandparents.  

Sorry Greg, looks like we dropped the ball after the soccer game and lunch....and forgot to take a photo or two! 

It was so much fun to see my nephews in person. We Skype a lot, but it just isn't the same.  My nephews also enjoyed their little London buses and taxis I brought them back, but of course my sister and I got more out of the cute little outfits I bought them.
 Little squirmy things would not sit still. Their shirts say "Keep Calm and Play Footie". 
The shirts came with matching shorts. Too cute. 

But being outside playing water guns, cooking out, and just spending quality time with loved ones was such a special feeling for the both of us.  Jeff was even able to get a round of golf in, and later in the day we were able to see my grandparents.
We were shooting at the "alligators" at this point in our water gun fight. 
Mexican dinner at our favorite hometown place with my grandparents and parents! Yum!

Seeing friends, even if it was just for a short while was wonderful.  I was able to get coffee with a few wonderful friends, dinners, and even spent a whole day just hanging out and catching up.  It is so nice to know that things just go back the way they were before we left. What amazing friends Jeff and I have!
Jeff and I's friends from his hometown
Great friends from work. Glad we squeezed in some sun-time!

So, because I was trying to soak up as much time during all of our friend-dates we had...I was awful at remembering to take pictures. Sorry, my dear friends, for your lack of debuts because of my spacey brain!

We have been following the World Cup to some extent over here.  We were in Indianapolis at the right time, because we were able to watch Team U.S.A. Our favorite street, not far from our house, was shut down and massive TVs were placed there to watch the game. We met up with a friend and watched the game in the middle of the street. It was fantastic to be surrounded by Americans cheering on our home-team! We obviously stick out over here while we watch US sports. Although, Team U.S.A lost, we still felt the huge amount of patriotism when the crowd would chant: I believe that we will win!
I was loving the ability to call it soccer, and not worrying about someone correcting me with "football". 
So packed! I love it!

The last few days before heading to Cincinnati were difficult knowing we would not see many of these people for another year.  Time definitely flies by over here, so we know we will be home before we know it.  We were able to spend time with more friends when we went to Cincinnati for our friends' wedding. Lots of eating, drinking, and sharing stories between the group.  It was also great to be in the United States for the Fourth of July. For our friends' rehearsal dinner, we went out on a riverboat on the Ohio River to watch the fireworks. Saturday was another great day and we enjoyed the wedding festivities so much.
  On the riverboat.
 Great group of friends. 
 Hooray for being in the US for the 4th of July
 Beautiful venue for the wedding and reception in Cincinnati 
 Groomsmen at the wedding. 

Sunday came too quickly.  Jeff and I were dreading the long plane ride and traveling, but surprisingly we had one of the best flights of our life.  We sat by ourselves in a row of 3, had personal TVs, and decent food.  Although we were tired, we loved getting back to see Mackey (who kept waking us up on our first night home because he was purring so loudly) and get back into our routine.  Let's hope this jet lag doesn't last too long.
I think he is glad to have us home. 

A special thanks to all the people who gave up their normal schedule to hang out with us.  We truly enjoyed every minute of our time back in the states.  We wish we were able to come home more often. I'm sure it'll be a blink of an eye and we'll be back bugging you all soon enough! We love each and every one of you!



No comments:

Post a Comment