Thursday, September 4, 2014

My Parents are Here!

My parents are here...My parents are here! I guess I should say were here as I am crazy behind on my posts. Anywho... I felt so blessed that my amazing parents were able to visit us for 2-weeks.  They had a long day of traveling across the pond and got in around 9 PM (local time).

I was really impressed with their adaptation to the time change. Jeff and I have a pretty hard time coming over here as sleeping in until 11:00 is so easy as you get used to the time in the states. They put Jeff and I to shame and adjusted just fine! With that being said, we were able to hit the ground running each day they were here.  The first few days, I took them around my favorite spots in Nottingham.

Thursday (August  21st) my parents and I walked around Nottingham visiting the castle, my favorite shops, Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem, England's oldest pub (1189 AD), and the small things like going to the grocery store! I guess you could say "The Daily Life of Sarah Tour".  We really enjoyed our time together and learning about the history of Notts.
 Mom and Dad learning I don't mess around when it comes to picture taking. Good sports for sure!
 The Nottingham Castle had a complete remodel since we visited last November. Great war exhibits now.

 Nottingham... "the worst slum in the British Empire outside India"----guess Notts wasn't too well liked back in the day. 
Dad's first pint at the British pub, Ye olde Trip to Jerusalem

On Friday, I took my parents on quite a walk...a total of 10 miles throughout the day. No one's legs fell off...don't worry.  Jeff and I love visiting Wollaton Hall & Deer Park (Wayne Manor, where Batman was filmed), so my parents and I headed there for the day.  We packed our lunches in hopes to have a picnic while we were there.  The weather didn't quite cooperate once we got there, but we were able to explore inside the hall and....under a tree to avoid the downpour. We had our mini picnic despite the weather and enjoyed the walk, even seeing some deer up close! See Jeff and I's visit to Wollaton Hall, here.
 Jeff and I have never seen the deer out front. So cool!
Some people were getting even closer than Dad was...crazy! 


Onto the next adventure...



No comments:

Post a Comment