Thursday, January 15, 2015

Flat Stanley Takes on Europe


Well here is an unusual blog post...

My aunt, a 3rd grade teacher, back home is having her class complete the Flat Stanley project.  If you're not a teacher or a parent with a child in elementary, you may not be familiar with the character.  Stanley is a character who is flatten by a bulletin board that falls on him in his sleep. He makes the best of a bad situation and uses his flatten body to go under doors, and better yet go in an envelope to visit friends and family around the world.  Now this is something students all over the world do, like a pen pal program.  A student from my aunt's class, wrote me a letter and sent me a small paper Stanley.  Jeff and I took pictures with him on a few of our trips. I thought I would share a few of the pictures I plan to send to my 3rd grade pen pal.

We first took Stanley out in Bruges, taking a few photos of him around the canals, windmills, and city life. He also stopped for a quick bite at a fast food restaurant before hitting the road. 




  


We then took him out for a photo shoot in Blankenberge, so he could experience the sea (North Sea) for the first time!

Although, we forgot to take some pictures with him in London, I decided to extend his time in Europe by bringing him with me around Nottingham. His favorite spots were the Nottingham Castle and the famous, Robin Hood statue. He even did the "famous" pose.



Next on Stanley's visit was the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland. It was pretty windy for him, as I thought his head might rip off...

He also came to Limerick with us to see King John's Castle. He braved some rain in this one as well. 


Stanley was supposed to head to our next trip, but he needed to get back to his student.  I mailed him back to the US.  Hoping to hear from my Aunt Carol on how the activity went and her student's reaction to the photographs I took.

Farewell Stanley.

On to the next adventure...




No comments:

Post a Comment