Monday, March 3, 2014

Eric Church Concert

We had a beautiful drive up to Manchester for the Eric Church concert. We drove through the Peak District, which is known for its beautiful landscape. The hillsides were breathtaking and pictures do not do it justice.


We didn't spend much time in Manchester, but we loved our hotel room, or I guess I should say apartment. Jeff booked this amazing hotel which was actually an apartment. We had plenty of room staying in a 1 bedroom with living room, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, and laundry area. These apartments are all over the world, so we're hoping to stay in another one while we're on our travels.
We grabbed some dinner and drinks before the concert. The concert was standing room only and was really crowded. Eric Church was awesome! It was a really great show, and it was nice to hear some American-English accents within the crowd. Although, we were surprised how packed it was with locals. The radios here do not play country music at all, so it was unusual to see so many country fans and cowboy hats. There were some intense fans too, one of which was rocking out so hard I thought I was at a Metallica concert for a second.
 
 
We headed out for one last drink before the night ended. This bar/club made me feel like I was at my high school prom with the music they were playing. "Yeah" and "Bootylicious"...need I say more? We had a great time singing all our old favorite songs.  We ended our night out in Manchester with one more stop...McTucky's. Be jealous...McDonalds and KFC combined into one restaurant. Jeff hit up the burger side, while I headed straight for the chicken fingers.
Yes, Jeff's burger is missing...wonder where it could be?!

No comments:

Post a Comment