Friday, February 7, 2014

Meeting New People

I'm slacking in the picture department this week. Sorry! I think things are becoming more "normal" and because of that I think I don't think about taking pictures of my daily life. 

We have been really blessed in meeting new people over here. On Tuesday, we had about 7 other friends from Jeff's work over for fajita night. It was fun to cook "American" fajitas, and to have great company to share them. I made some homemade guacamole and peanut butter cookies as well. I think they enjoyed trying something different.

Yesterday, I was asked to meet up with other wives from the US that are here because their husband was transferred, like Jeff. They call themselves the Better Halves Club. I had such a great time! I really enjoyed swapping stories, hearing about funny mishaps, and their traveling adventures. Most of them have been here for quite some time, so they had some great advice to share. They made me so excited for some of our bigger trips coming up.  The food was great. It has been really nice experiencing a new way of lunch dining: glass of wine, salad, entree, YUMMY dessert, and ending with a coffee. This may be setting me up for failure when we return... After the lunch, another one of the wives drove me to the mall. She gave me the 4-1-1 on all the shops. She may have unleashed the shopping monster in me.

All in all, we have been really blessed with the people so early on in our adventure. #newfriends


2 comments:

  1. Just getting a chance to read your blog. So hope we can get to know each other even better and so glad you have had such fun with the BHC! See ya Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all have been so welcoming! Really makes this transition that much easier knowing you have people rooting for you! See you tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete