Wednesday, June 3, 2015

#30daysofappreciation {Round 2}

If you're new to the blog, we are down to the last couple weeks in our journey abroad. I can't believe I am typing that. It has flown by, and I definitely have mixed feelings about leaving.  I am getting pumped for the events and new things planned in the upcoming months.

On my instagram account, I started a #30daysofappreciation daily picture post.  Since many of you are not followers of mine on instagram, I thought I would share the pictures and reasons behind my appreciation or "I'm really going to miss ______" posts.  Check out the Round 1 pictures 1-10, here.

#Day11: Energy Saving Outlets
This is a weird thing to appreciation...but I love the electrical outlets in England. I love how you can keep something plugged in (i.e. phone charger) all the time without it using electricity by turning the switch off.  What a great invention!

#Day12: Cheap Airlines
I LOVE the cheap airlines like Ryanair, EasyJet, jet2.com, flybe, etc. They quick (although annoying during the flight at times) and efficient.  We can be in Rome for 30 pounds and in 2 hours...that is amazing! I know airlines in the continental United States are expensive, so I know we won't have this luxury when we return back. 

#Day13: Experiencing New Traditions
I have already posted about friendships, but experiencing new cultural traditions, like our friends' wedding.  It was fun wearing a fascinator (hat or hairpiece English women wear during special events), seeing the differences in the ceremony & reception, and enjoying the fun with our local friends. 

#Day14: Breads, Eggs, and Cheese
Another food obsession, shocker! I will miss the amazing bread, eggs, and especially...cheese over here.  Wow, it tastes so much better.  Not only do they all have less preservatives, but you can just tell they are made with the right ingredients.  I wish I could take all the different cheeses back with me, because I love ending my meal with a cheese plate. Such a great idea!

#Day15: Adventures with my Best Friend
Here's the one you were all waiting for...the sappy appreciation!  I have loved spending the last 18 months with my best friend, traveling around Europe.  Not only have we gotten even closer, but we also feel like we can conquer anything! What a great man I married!

#Day16: No Alarm!
This is one I can honestly say I have thought about every morning, and appreciated it every single day.  I know Jeff and my parents can attest to the fact that I despise my alarm clock.  So every morning, waking up naturally for the last 18 months (minus the early rise flights) has been amazing.  Now before you think I'm a lazy bum, I don't sleep in.  I usually wake up when Jeff leaves for work, and just enjoy my leisurely mornings.  Don't hate me.
 
#Day17: "The Gym"
I have really enjoyed having a place that gets me out every day.  The gym I go to is called "The Gym" and it is not anything special.  It is large in size with many different types of equipment.  Although, all I need are a few weights and a treadmill, and I am happy.  It has been a nice getaway during the day, and it has been nice on those rainy days....it forces me outside. Ha!

#Day18: Reading
As a teacher, I am sad to say I did not have a love for reading growing up.  I started my passion as an adult, and it has been fantastic to be able to have time to actually sit down and read a book (or 15).  I made it a goal to start reading books that were soon to be coming out as films.  I am still hitting my list pretty hard, but the local library doesn't have the ones I need to finish my list.  I am looking forward to continuing this new found hobby in the states. 


#Day19: Road Trips
Love, love, love our road trips.  It is probably easy for me to say that given, I don't have to do any of the driving.  So thankful for Jeff and his fantastic English driving skills.  Although there are times I get car sick on these windy roads, I still love seeing the countryside and being to a new place in just a couple hours.  I will miss jumping in the car, knowing I get to experience a new place and new things.  I am hoping Jeff and I continue this in the states and visit places fairly close to home on our free weekends. (P.s. The picture is from last spring at the Peak District)

#Day20: New/Favorite Restaurants
Brown's is one of our favorite restaurants in Nottingham.  The restaurant is a block from our flat.  We used to just go there for drinks, as there is a cute little patio to the side of the restaurant.  Although, we have been there for dinner quite a few times, and each time the menu has changed and it has been fantastic! It has a classy feel, but still the classic British food (fish & chips, pies, etc.).  We were excited to have our "Leaving Do" with close friends there on Saturday night to enjoy the spot one more time.

On to the next adventure...




No comments:

Post a Comment