Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Kitty Cafe

Things are so hectic here, that I almost didn't write this post.  As you can tell, I have been blogging quite a bit and scheduling the posts for a few days later.  Hints, the one post a day lately. I thought about it, and I would have made a special blog post about this experience if it wasn't for the whole...moving home thing. So here I am typing away!

My friend, Emily, and I always try out new places to eat in Nottingham.  We definitely have a couple favorites, and enjoy catching up over a long lunch & tea/coffee.  We found this place called Kitty Cafe.  I have walked by it before but never noticed the REAL CATS in the large windows.  There are little hammocks, beds, and a jungle gym in the window not only for the cats' enjoyment but for pedestrians to see the cute little kitties.  This special cafe actually is a charity that allows you to adopt the cats within the shop.  You can take pictures of them, play with them, and pet them.  They have rules about picking them up and whatnot though.
 My friend, Emily, and I
 Up in the "treetops"
 Cute little hideaways
 
Before you get seriously grossed out that we ate lunch in a place filled with cats (I'm sure a few of you have this nightmare).  It had a 5-star hygiene rating, which is the highest a restaurant can have! We asked a little bit about how it passes health codes, and they do everything electronically so the waitstaff never sets foot in the kitchen.  It was a very clean place, and the cats were very well taken care of.  We especially loved the little 9-week old kittens who were running all over the place.  It was so cute to see all the the nooks, towers, slides, and walkways they had for the cats to run around.  They have 31 cats as of right now, but many of them are in the extensive process of being adopted.  Emily and I both wanted to take one home...but refrained. 
Hanging out under our table. Hiding from the other cats who were wanting to play
 The holes in the walls went from one room to the other. The kittens loved it!
 I wanted to take this sweet one home, as he looked so sad.  Very sweet, reminded me a lot of Mackey.

Overall, It was really enjoyable! You have to book in advance, as we had tried to go a few weeks back and they were booked for the day.  Emily and I both love cats, so this was the perfect farewell for now lunch before I head back to the states.  I will definitely miss my lunches with her!



You should check out the cafe's website as it highlights the cats that are trying to be adopted.

On to the next adventure...



No comments:

Post a Comment