Thursday, June 4, 2015

Reading the Signs of England

Another suggestion from the "Your Turn" blog post was a curiosity about the street signs over here. Jeff's mom remembered them from her trip over here years ago (and we discussed them during her recent trip as well),  so I thought I would take the time to walk around the city of Nottingham to take some street sign pictures. It was actually a pretty fun adventure as I went on a nice long walk around the city on a beautiful sunny day.

One of our favorite street sign differences is a sign that says "Way Out" instead of "Exit" when leaving a train station or something similar.  Jeff says it reminds him of a caveman, as it is a less formal way of saying "exit".  Which is actually surprising, given things over here are more "proper" than back home.  Of course, on my walk around the city I couldn't find this sign.  I'll see if I can investigate a bit more so I can add it to the post.

Have fun looking through all the signs around the city below...


















 




 




No comments:

Post a Comment