Monday, June 1, 2015

Our Leaving Do

Leaving Do (aka Going Away Party).

Saturday night we got a handful of our friends together to say goodbye.   Many of our close friends could not attend, but we were able to get about 15 of our friends together for a nice dinner, followed by drinks. We had everyone head to our flat for a few drinks before dinner.  Jeff decorated our flat by putting up our American flag as decoration...so please do not think we have this up all the time. HA!  I made jello shots, which was hilarious to see some of our friends try them for the first time as it is not a common "drink" in England.  Thanks, Mom for the Jell-o!  I am glad I could put it to good use before flying home.  We had a great time, and such a tasty dinner.  There was an array of dishes and drinks on the table, and it was fun catching up with people.  We headed out to the bar scene later for a bit.

I will definitely miss the friends we made here, and I hope to see them again soon whether in the U.S. or when Jeff and I come back to visit...one day.  Thank you to everyone who came out to celebrate with us! We had a great time, and are very happy that you were a big part of this adventure with us!

I'll let you all enjoy the pictures below, as there isn't a lot of dialogue in this post. We'll let the pictures do all the talking for once.

The American girls.  My friend, Sarah, Julie, and Jo.  All here in the UK for different opportunities.
At Brown's...enjoying a few cocktails!
Enjoying our last dinner at Brown's
I think a great time was had by all.
Jo and I
Jeff's work buddies
Julie and Andrew came up from Cambridge to help us celebrate!

On to the next adventure...



No comments:

Post a Comment