Friday, January 10, 2014

Becoming a Local

Man, it's hard becoming a local. First of all, I think I might get hit by a car or bus before I leave. Why can't I get it into my brain which way the cars are coming!? Good thing I've started watching the moves of the locals (creepy, right?) to see how they act. 

We've been able to accomplish a decent amount since we've been here.

Grocery trips...check
Bank...check
restaurants...check
mall...check
computer store...check
convenience stores...check
Boots' trips (AKA CVS/Walgreens)...check
Home & Garden Store...check
Pet store...check
Internet installed by yours truly...check
Make my way home without getting lost...check

Here are a few pictures below of my travels on a daily basis. Tesco (grocery) is in the mall, which I find smart. I think the US might make more money if they put them there as well. One stop shop, right!? Note, the teeny tiny milks. I guess I won't see a gallon of milk for quite some time.

If you know me and my directional skills...always give me landmarks. Here are a a few of my landmarks to get me home safely everyday. Please note David Hasselhoff is performing in Peter Pan...too funny! 






And lastly, here is the outside of our place. There are 8 flats total in the building, so don't assume we've hit the lottery and get the place to ourselves!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment