Thursday, January 16, 2014

On the Road...

We've been beginning to meet up with some of Jeff's coworkers for dinners and whatnot. I went on Sunday to have brunch with a few women whose husbands work with Jeff. It was really nice, and Jeff was wonderful to drive me there to so I wouldn't get lost. These ladies lived in Seattle for a while just like we're doing here. It was funny to be able to swap experiences about countries.

But last night, we had dinner in Derby with some of his coworkers (fajitas!) and Jeff was already in Derby which meant I needed to find a way to get there. If only teleportation existed! Jeff told me the easiest way would be to hop on a bus. I've never even been on a bus in the states...so I thought "This is going to be interesting!"

I found the correct spot on a street near our house, and only had to wait about 5 minutes until the bus arrived. I hopped on, gave the driver my 4 pounds, and found my seat. I arrived at the station and waited on Jeff to pick me up. As simple as that.

Then we went to get some gas, which are pretty similar to our stations back in the states.  The first time Jeff got gas he went into the station with his money to prepay for his gas. He received a funny look from the attendant, who quickly said "You didn't pump any gas." Jeff went back to pump is gas, then proceeded to head back into pay. He'll probably get me for posting this....oh well! (hehe)

I am still amazed at Jeff with his driving skills over here. As a passenger, I am getting better and not freaking out that he is "on the wrong side". Jeff wants me to start driving to get it over with...ugh I just don't think I can! Time will only tell...


The gas pumps...pretty self explanatory.  The gas station...looks pretty similar, right?
My bus ticket! I did it!

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you for your first bus experience! I would've been so nervous! :)

    ReplyDelete