Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Food Preparation

It has actually been fairly difficult cooking over here. I know my mom and sister can vouch for me that I have really developed a love for cooking over the last few years. We are always sharing recipes and sending things to each other via Pinterest. So I am trying to make some of Jeff and I's favorite meals, but have been striking out because of lack of ingredients over here. I mean really, no black beans?! That's pure craziness.

I told Jeff a few weeks back that I was sorry I was cooking like a college student. I didn't have any spices or any of the staple pantry items. I was struggling...and we ate a lot of bland chicken.

So many of you have read about my confusion with many things at the local grocery store.  I have ventured out and bought things I would not normally buy at home. It is nice walking to the grocery every other day to get fresh fruits/vegetables. Food does not last as long here in terms of expiring or the lack of preservatives. I am proud to say not much as gone to waste (2 slices of bread and a few tortilla shells).

People online drive me nuts when they post pictures of meals and dinners they make. I am officially being one of those people. I'm proud of myself that my cooking skills are coming back despite the lack of my normal ingredients. Thank goodness for COSTCO and their spice racks!
 
Hooray for spice racks!!
 I ventured out and made curry....yum! I think curry might be the replacement food for my mexican food addiction. Which by the way, still have YET to find a Mexican restaurant. They apparently built a Taco Bell in London, and it quickly closed down! I would totally take a 2 hour train ride just for a double-decker taco.
I made an Italian chicken with pasta. It was pretty good!

I promise that unless I serve the queen or something REALLY exciting, I won't post anymore pictures of our dinners. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment