Friday, January 31, 2014

What do I DO During the Day?

Many people have been asking me: "What are you doing to keep yourself busy while Jeff is at work?" I don't take any offense to it, but I thought I would show people what I have been up to in our first month here. By the way, can you believe we've been here a month already!?

One of my tasks during the day is creating curriculum for an online course through my school district back home. I am creating 4th grade English Language Arts lessons through this program called My Big Campus. It is a combination of Blackboard and Facebook. Students have access to it, as well as teachers. I have been creating "bundles" for numerous topics. Within each bundle is a lesson I have designed with videos, games, assessments, and me lecturing. The lecturing part is not so fun...I hate my voice on video. Ugh!

Just a few of the lessons I have created for just Unit 1. I have 3 more units to complete before I am finished with the first semester.

Another thing I have been working on is my store on Teachers Pay Teachers (TPT). I have created printables, lessons, activities, etc. on this site and other teachers can purchase my downloads. I have hit this pretty hard, and have even added a teaching Blog called: 3L +1T.  I have been enjoying the design aspect of both TPT and the teaching blog.


http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Sarah-Becker-9996
 My Teachers Pay Teachers Store

http://livelaughlearnandteach.blogspot.co.uk/
  My teaching Blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment